What not to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When posting a question that is so broad it is always a good idea to give us some background on your tank, its history and what livestock you already have.

From your first post I gather we are talking about the tank you set up in March:
Tank 4'x18"x20"H (75 US gallons)
Light 4' T-5 with 4x 54watt 10000K white "superwin"

Tank flow 2 - Pro Aqua JVP-3000 3000L/H
Sump pump J&T Industry JHQ-2500 2000L/H
Skimmer Octopus NW-110-6520
Heater Mercury Aqua 300w Titanium with external digital controller

What is in it now?
Do you have any Live Rock?
What is your substrate, sand, bare bottom, crushed coral?
What do you intend your tank to look like in 3 years?
Fish Only, Fish Only w Live Rock, Reef?

What are your ideas on stocking? Community, aggressive, reef compatible?
Ideas for corals, clams, etc?

I have crushed coral subsrate,live rock, 2 brain corals,1 green torch,1 green lobo,1 organ pipe, 1 candycane, 1 toadstool and 1 clown,1 lawnmower blene, 1 bicolour angle, 1 bicolour blene, 1 yellowtail damsile and 2 pajarma cardenals. hopeing lfs has been right sofar.

As cmore mentioned, that's a pretty broad question. There are literally thousands of things that we could list NOT to add and why. Maybe a better question back is what do you want to add, and then maybe folks can comment.

Looking at your stocking list so far, I don't see anything bad. The lawnmower blennie might not do well if it doesn't have a lot of algae to eat, and the crushed coral as substrate might not be the easiest to keep clean... but there's no major things wrong I see so far.

Yes I agree I should have thought about that qustion a bit more and glad to see what I have is ok and the lawnmower dose have alot of alge to eat at the moment but what should i feed it and how when the alge runs out and is he likly to start on the sort corals if the is no alge or subsitute.

More likely it will starve when the alage is gone. Get sheets of nori from an asian market and alway keep some in the tank for it to graze on.

I agree with Kurt. What would you like to add? What are you looking for? More color? More movement? It's best to let us have an idea of what your thinking of adding and then letting you know if there are any known problems or cautions.

Back
Top Bottom