What prices do you guys see for 150/180g tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been looking to upgrade in the next couple months and have found
this a little akward I do not understand. The 2 local stores I would consider buying a tank from offer the following

the hidden reef(not sure on make but they have 2 overflow in the middle of the back wall)
150 non reef ready $420
150 RR $500 plus need to buy 2 overflow kits $39.99 each or make my own durso pipes

180 non reef ready $570
180 RR $ 640 need to buy/make durso pipes

thatfishplace(oceanic)
150 non reef ready $500
150 RR $650 (I belive overflow kits included)

180 non reef ready 500
180 RR $808 (I belive overflow kits included)

Why is it one place the non reef ready are cheaper and the other place the RR are cheaper? This doesn't make sense to me, maybe they are different make tanks? How do these prices compare to what anybody else has seen/paid?

SquishyFish said:
I got a 175gallon Oceanic bowfront, stand, and canopy and paid 2200.00 for it.

I was looking at that when I bought my 72g bowfront but coudn't swing that plus all the money for lights/etc... So I would up getting the 72 which is just to small to do what I originally wanted so I"m looking for a new plan for this tank and a larger tank for my other plan :roll: .

Thats why I went w/ the 175...That way I can go 4-5 years w/o upgrading again.

Its odd that a 175gal tank feels small.

Squishy

I can get a 225g Acrylic for 750.00 LOL Its used but ver tempting Around here the 150g are about 289.00 or so.. Depending on which brand and if its RR or not.. I was looking at a 125gal that was 149.00 at the LFS a while back..

James

cj10488 said:
Around here the 150g are about 289.00 or so.. Depending on which brand and if its RR or not.. I was looking at a 125gal that was 149.00 at the LFS a while back..

James

Wow, 289 for a 150!! That's not fair :evil: Guess I'll keep looking but I don't really know of any places that compete with prices of thatfishplace

SquishyFish, I wish a 175g felt small :lol:

You could always DIY. My 82 gal. was a DIY, I bought it from the guy who built it for $70, around here that size is between 150-200.

Wow, 289 for a 150!! That's not fair Guess I'll keep looking but I don't really know of any places that compete with prices of thatfishplace

Yeah it kinda all depends on where you go but like the 135g Oceanic show tank that I was looking at was 500.00 somthing for the tank and the stand.. I believe the tank was like 249.00 or so.. Tank prices all very by where you live.. An LFS around here usually holds on to tanks for quite some time before selling them.. I just got my wife a baby trigger for the bedroom 29gal.. (in hopes that when it starts to get bigger so She can take the 55gal and I can finally buy a 150+gal) Use guilt on her.. Well we have to get a bigger tank or get rid of that cute fish of yours LOL.. ;)

James

Back
Top Bottom