what ro di system to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtodd15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking into getting a Ro-di unit and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions looking for some thing low maintenance i have 2 systems at about 200 gallons total
Not looking to spend over $200
Any suggestions?

A lot of people are are fans of the ones bulk reef supply sells. They are just under two hundred. There is also a group buy going on right now that would get you an additional discount

How many Gpd should i get i would like to upgrade and carry this unit over, eventually like to have at least a 300 gallon system

i have a 100 gpd, and although its slowed down a lot its still plenty for my 90. BRS sells an upgrade to their system that upgrades from 100 to 150. But, if you know how ro/di systems work, you end up putting another di resin unit on the waste water, to add some gpd to your overall flow. Thats great, except the waste water is seriously taxing on that other di unit, and creates back flow to the first di unit with a y connection. So, I'd stay away from the 50 gpd upgrade, and stick with the 100. Best part about the BRS system is that the filter changes are a lot easier, and you can pack them (di and carbon) yourself, so you save money in the long run. If you have more $ though, there is an ro/di unit i read about on reefkeeps, with an auto back flush system, cleaning timers, built in tds meter, and other goodies that all comes packaged in a little black box (think it runs around $1k, though not sure). That would be the pinnacle of ro/di units that i've seen. Except for maybe that 10k gpm thing on ebay.

Haha yea i seen that one a little out of my price range right now just upgraded my lights to leds set me back a little bit i think I'm going to go with the Brs

I just bought the 5 stage 150gpd water saver plus from BRS a month or so ago and love it. It was around 250 I think but its worth the investment, I had a hard time getting over the other systems that have a 5-1 or 4-1 rejection rate.. mines closer to 2-1 (maybe 3-1 but I think its less), I think water pressure has a lot to do with that. My water pressure is 70psi without a booster pump. I hate wasting water so I felt a little better buying this unit.

I bought and 75 gpd rodi unit from bulk reef supply a few months back and I love it

Just bought the 4 stage 75 gpd from bulk reef

Yep no more trips to the lfs for water, just live stock!

Back
Top Bottom