What Saltwater Test Kit do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Saltwater Test Kit do you use?

• API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals)

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Sailfert

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Elos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Sea

• Seachem

• Tetra

• Instant Ocean

• Tropic Marin

• Tunze

• Electronic Meters

• I send mine to a lab

• Total voters

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am very curious to find out who is using what brand of test kit, and why. Answer according to the brands that you use the most (MULTIPLE SELECTION POLL), if you use something else for a specific test, let us know.

I started with API, and that's fine for FW but went to Salifert for SW. My Phosphate kit reads 0.25 no matter what, and when I tried to find contact info, I came across a bunch of negative stuff, no service, losing market share, etc etc.

There was mention of Elos as a now sought-after brand, so I figured I would find out what people RELY on, why, and what experiences they've had. Please feel free to elaborate.

Thanks,
Bud

Last edited:
Mine is made in canada, labelled Nutrafin Test, master test kit, aparently made by Hagen. I bought it because it was the only one I saw available in my area. No experience with it yet.

It's an item hard to ship internationally because it has hazardous materials. What's available could depend somewhat on the country you are in.

Edit: googled Elos and one of the LFS in my area does carry some of their tests. I wanted an all-in-one though so I didn't look at them.

Back
Top Bottom