What should I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
:cry: My 20gallon has ich and I've lost my tomato clown to it and am worried my sixline will get it too, what should I do? I've read that adding a cleaner will help but will it get affected by the Kick Ich medications that supposedly doesnt kill inverts? I am so confused and need help :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Adding a cleaner will not cure your problem. Kick ich will not either. By doing hypo on the wrasse and leaving your main tank fallow for 6-8 week you will get rid of the ich.

Thanks Branden, I'll do that but can I add inverts like cleaners in like a week?

If you hypo your wrasse in a QT...adding cleaners to your main will have no effect on the shrimp or ich. Inverts do not host ich so the fallow time will still eliminate the ich from your main. If you do not understand please ask. Someone here will be glad to help you.

Got ya , I already set up the 10 gallon for him and I would like to add a few peps and a cleaner to atleast look at in my main. Thanx :wink:

I would like to add a few peps and a cleaner to atleast look at in my main
Should not be a problem. If you have not already done so put a piece of filter media etc in the main so you can use it to seed the QT when you hypo the wrasse. Keep a close eye on your water parameter in the QT. They can get bad fast. Pay attention to the PH also. When you lower the salinity the PH will suffer.

I got super buffer which is to keep the ph in balance so this will aid my qt

Back
Top Bottom