What stingray is ok in a smaller tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are Cortez or bluespotted ribbontails better in a smaller tank? What size tank does each of them need?

crister13 said:
Are Cortez or bluespotted ribbontails better in a smaller tank? What size tank does each of them need?

I would say 180gal min they need lots of room to swim and go with the bluespotted they are awesome

A cortez would be fine in a 150 for the majority of their life like 5-6 years out of their 7-8 life span as long as you have good water circulation,GREAT filtration and copperless water also keep the stock other than the ray down to very few fish,i suggest a clown pair and like 3 blue chromis also you'll need a very strong cuc so make sure ur tank is running with everything but the ray for over 2 months so they wont be small enough to be eaten and also keep replacing cuc members once in a while they will be occasionally eatin and good luck~ps:blue spotted rays are a little bigger and a little more active then the cortez i have seen a few years old cortez ray in a 90g and the smallest ive ever seen work for a blue spotted was 135g round but it only was less than a year before it died and round tanks are better for tangs so again good luck!

Sharklover said:
A cortez would be fine in a 150 for the majority of their life like 5-6 years out of their 7-8 life span as long as you have good water circulation,GREAT filtration and copperless water also keep the stock other than the ray down to very few fish,i suggest a clown pair and like 3 blue chromis also you'll need a very strong cuc so make sure ur tank is running with everything but the ray for over 2 months so they wont be small enough to be eaten and also keep replacing cuc members once in a while they will be occasionally eatin and good luck~ps:blue spotted rays are a little bigger and a little more active then the cortez i have seen a few years old cortez ray in a 90g and the smallest ive ever seen work for a blue spotted was 135g round but it only was less than a year before it died and round tanks are better for rays so again good luck!

Alright thanks. When some of my current fish go this may be a cortez tank. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks fir the advice.

Back
Top Bottom