what the best salt...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honda and Acura. Toyota and Lexus. Nissan and Infiniti. Instant Ocean and Reef Crystals. It is all the same sort of thing.

mazilla said:
i wonder how many salt production plants there really are out there?
You might be surprised how many "different" brands are made in the same factories. Although, they are made to different specifications.

I have heard that there are 89 different salts in real SW. I`ve heard that the different types of salt brands are made and modified to recreate NSW and to make it better in certain areas that they think necessary. Thus the reason for many different brands.

well i am going to try and sell my bucket of red seal salt and purchase a bucket of reef crystals. i will buy a 50 gal mix to start then i might try something else. see what works best for me. this is a great thread for people who are beginning and need to know the benifits of different salts.

I have been fighting cyano algae for months. I have adjusted the lighting times. I do weekly PWC. I use RO/DI water. I never thought it was the salt I use. I have been using IO. I will have to try RC or Oceanic.

I use Oceanic and have been happy for the most part. I wonder if some of the hair algae is from the salt or maybe my bulbs are farther along than anticipated.

The last study I saw by Borneman had Red Sea as the winner but IO will always be the mainstream salt. I started with IO and never had any issues except when I use tap water. I went to Oceanic for the higher Ca numbers...

Back
Top Bottom