what to buy next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MollyDoll

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well i just lost a tang so i have some room to fill in my tank. I have a 75 gallon tank w/ a lemon butterflyfish, coral beauty angelfish, 2 clownfish, a sixline wrasse, a lawnmower blenny, a strawberry psuedochromis, and a royal gramma. 1 cleaner shrimp (1 just recently died) and various snails and crabs. Any suggestions? I also have live rock.

First lets make sure that there isn't something that could harm your other fish. :)
What kind of Tang was it?
What are your water parameters?

Eight fish in that tank has it pretty full already anyway.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but I would say you are over the limit. I count 8 fish. What are water test results?

I would agree that you are at your max as far as fish. More so because you have some very territorial fish in there. The 2 clowns, 6 line wrasse and the peusdochromis. These fish will create lots of stress on the other fish and that would then lead to health problems for the other fish.

The tang died of a bacteria infection, it stopped eating and it all went down hill from there. I understand that you think 8 fish is alot but when i look at the tank it looks so empty. the butterfly fish stays in a corner all day, healthy but apparently likes that corner, the clown fish stay in the back, the royal gramma and chromis stay in 1 spot all day and the other 3 are the only fish that actually utilize the entire tank.....idk maybe im wrong but i feel like its...empty.....all the fish are under 6 inches and havent grown in a year.....still too much? advice?

Back
Top Bottom