What To Do With a Condy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, now I've done it. I've had a Condy for about 8 months now, he was a $4 sale when I got him. It's time for him to go, I'm afraid he'll damage the other colonies I've procured. He's about 10" across.

Now the problem, the LFS doesn't have room for him now...would putting him in a 10 gal with a grow light temporarily just be a death sentance?

Thanks for the help, I need to move on this one.

Toss him in the 10 gal, I would rather risk him then risk my corals. Just feed him some, should hold him over under the weaker light.

Bearfan said:
would putting him in a 10 gal with a grow light temporarily just be a death sentance?
Depends on the grow light and if the 10 gal has been set up for any length of time. If the tank's got a bit of age to it you should be okay. You'd be suprised how adaptive Condylactis sp is in general.

If it's a set up in progress, I'd give it les than a 50/50 chance.

Cheers
Steve

If I'm not mistaken, condy's are a lower light anemone. It shoudl be fine in a small tank with a couple of NO flo tubes for a short while, it's real problem is size. If it's 10" across...it's already as wide as the tank is ;) What about a local aquarium?

I don't know any other salties up here yet (A: It's not that popular and B: I just moved up here) otherwise that would be fine.

Funny, you offer your LFS a condy for free and they turn it down. Free livestock for resale sounds pretty good to me.

Bearfan said:
he was a $4 sale when I got him.

I know, I just hate the idea of killing it just because. As for now, I moved the only coral that was close to it temporarily (I still have plenty of room to do that) until I can find it a new home.

Back
Top Bottom