What to do with anemones?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Englishelf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Title says it all!

I have a 30 gallon biocube with 2 clownfish and I had purchased what I believed to be a rose bubble tip anemone. That was probably 3 years ago. Despite the tank having an algae problem because my kids overfeed, the anemones are thriving and splitting and thriving and splitting. Some have even relocated into the filter and I keep having to ice them off.

I don't know what to do with all of them. Ice doesnt seem to work when theyre attached to the rocks.

Pic attached.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

6dHO831.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun! Take some pics and show them to the LFS which sells SW, and Trade them for something else if they do that. Most independently owned stores will trade, or give you some credit. There are people who would be happy to buy some, no doubt. Depending on whether you feel that would safely work out. Meet in a public place, etc.

Possibly a very good option would be of an established local/regional SW fish club. Often the are meetings with mini auctions, for those things which the club gets a cut, less if you're a member and more if you aren't. Sometimes there is a minimum bid, or you could risk an item selling at a very low price, if it isn't popular. Mostly depends on how they run their auctions. Or they might offer a swap and shop where members come to buy and sell like a little swap meet.

A nice problem to have.

Back
Top Bottom