What to do with Bristleworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeachAddict

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've seen today about 5 one inch worms in the tank, one with a dark pink colour (this one was on my coral) and the rest white. I'm assuming there's a few I didn't see. I saw a few interesting remedies online (such as take pantyhose and put a shrimp in it and the bristle get stuck to the hose over night) but they don't really seem a good idea with a snowflake eel in the tank. Any suggestions would be great,
Thanks!

Just leave them be. They don't harm anything unless you touch them.

A lot of worms would indicate a lot of available food. If you don't like the worms, cut back on feeding.

Remove the biggests with pincette...

Bristles may penetrate your skin and you'll need to soak your affected body parts in vinegar to get rid of it. So don't touch them with your fingers.

The smaller ones won't hurt and are detritivores, so if you got a lot maybe you feed a bit too much...

I personally would just leave them be. They're not that pretty of a sight, but the will do no harm and if your tank isn't being overfed, then few will appear.

Back
Top Bottom