What to do with fish .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawlessr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am buying a new 75 gallon tank off a friend of mine i already have a 30 gallon tank of my own the problem is my friend has a few fish in his tank that i want to keep and let them continue to live in the 75g , the problem is where do i keep his fish while i set up the 75g in my house, i have to pick the fish up the night before i get the tank i dont really want to put them in my 30 g cause i have that tank just the way i want it there is no point in crouding my 30 g even for a night or am i being just being stuped i have a aqua start up kit for the new tank so i can add fish as soon as i bring the tank to temp.Is it ok to leave my friends fish in my 30 g just over night or would i cause havock in my peaceiful settled tank.:confused::confused:

I would simply put them in the 30 gallon especially-so if everybody is going to end up in the 75.
Personally I just rebuilt a 100gal which was a cycling nightmare.During this cleaning/rebuilding/re-cycling period I put 2clown and a chromis inna 10 gallon w/a heated and an airater...and a couple small lights and just manually did water changes...day/night lighting changing...w/occasionally (hand) wipedowns for algea control.The whole process(SETTING UP THE 100GAL) took 3 weeks to a month but all went well.If you can find a small 10 gallon for temp housing...it workout fine.

Back
Top Bottom