what to feed my blue damsel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mchief

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i've been feeding him osi marine flakes and he gobbles them down but i'd like to add some variety to his diet, any suggestions?

Frozen foods from San fransico are some nice food. Try a couple , see what he likes.

I agree on the frozen foods. There are several different brands that are very good. You can also make your own out of fresh seafood that has been ground up in a blender and frozen. That might be a bit more trouble than you want to go to for just one fish though.

the marine cuisine by S.F. bay brand looks like good stuff.

beyond a blend like that, are there any particular ingredients that you'd recommend, for example krill or brine shrimp?

make sure whatever you get is vitamin fortified or gut loaded, as brine shrimp are pretty much nutritionless without that. krill is probably too big for the little guy. mysis shrimp is also a good choice, for making your own i add mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, zoe marine vitamins by kent marine, finely miced cocktail shrimp, nori, and some flakes.

HTH

mchief said:
the marine cuisine by S.F. bay brand looks like good stuff.

It is very good stuff and my fish love it. :) Just make sure you thaw it out and drain off the packing juice first. The packing juice can go a long way to adding nitrate to your system.

i got some marine cuisine and my blue damsel just loved it. i forgot to drain the juice and, uh, i didn't really thaw it b/c in my excitement, i didn't do my research. he gobbled it down anyways

thanks for all the advice

Back
Top Bottom