What type of coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koijoy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This coral has been poping up on my Carribbean live rock. Seems to be growing in groups. It opens during the day when the lighting is on and closes at night. I would like to know more about it. Thanks

Looks like Maybe 3 things to me...

Star Polyps
Xenia
Goniopora

C'mon Kev you know what this is... :lol:

i have a rock with the same stuff when i bought it they called it pink star polyps...grows like a weed,does not seem to need much light or flow to be happy.at least that is the experience i have had with mine.

I'd go with star polyps as well.

In my defense, the pic wasn't there when I posted. Don't feel bad...it's not hard to make me look like an idiot, I'm usually pretty good at it all by myself :lol:

it almost looks like some of the anthelia i have growing in my tank. i can't really tell becasue the picture is so small but what kind of base does it have. and also can you tell if the stalks are connected to the other stalks?

Reefrunner69 Your not out of your mind The picture wasn't there when you made your first post. My internet went down so I had to come back later an add the pic.....

The coral does seam to branch out from the base. At first you will only see one small stalk then another will pop up right next to it a few days later. Each one has eight tentacles that are tan colored and have darker colored hairs.

Here is a better pic if the link works

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/3f57369a_3cf8/bc/Pets/__hr_coral+02.jpg?bfIszV_AJGZwvolw

Back
Top Bottom