What type of glue for corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a bunch of corals and for the past week I have been trying to secure them to the rock. My LFS doesn't have any glue in the store, but told me any gel type super glue should work.

Unfortunetly, what I bought didn't, so is there any particular brand or type of glue I should be looking for?

So I have a bunch of corals and for the past week I have been trying to secure them to the rock. My LFS doesn't have any glue in the store, but told me any gel type super glue should work.

Unfortunetly, what I bought didn't, so is there any particular brand or type of glue I should be looking for?

What did you buy? I agree that any super glue will work, the gel types better. Maybe you didn't use enough? You really have to glop it on...

Any super glue that is cyanoacrylate works. The gel works way better than the regular liquid. I use Locktite brand gel from Walmart. It works great, but you do have to use big gobs.

Also, this is only for hard skeleton corals and maybe some types of matted polyps. It's pretty much impossible to glue down mushrooms and some other softies since they slime heavy.

I am trying to use it to cgue down zoas mostly. I can't remember the current brand off the top of my head (I'm at work). It worked for two of my zoa frags but for one other zoa and my chalice I am having a **** of a time getting it to hold.

A super glue gel and an accelerator will hold most corals down. Do not spray the accelerator on the coral just the glue and you have to be quick when putting the coral in place. I use a very thick gel when gluing corals to plugs and then I use a 2 part epoxy to hold them in place on my rock work.

Get some brides veil and use that to hold the softies against a rock using rubberbands or glue. You can remove it about a week. You can try just using rubberbands, but they usually come loose or cut through the flseh when try that method. A toothpick pushed through the fleshhy bottom and glued to a rock also works. Any super glue works for hard corals, and as stated the thick gels work best.

Back
Top Bottom