What wholesaler does your lfs use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And, they all come from the ocean anyway...and it's not like these guys naming these things are diving for them even...they simply make coral orders, receive something nice (which there is plenty of in the ocean), and call it their own and a "limited edition". Nonsense IMO.

The owner of the lfs I frequent admitted that one of his employees comes up with all the "fancy" names for their more showy corals. He even said he has no idea where the guy comes up with these names. But I guess success is based on a good marketing plan. About a month ago, they had a Modern for $565. A guy from another state, in town for the holidays, bought it and about $2500 in other pieces because he said his local store didn't have anywhere near the variety.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I agree so much.
I'm glad I finally found an LFS that refuses to tell you names of corals and sells them at prices that are reasonable.
They're simply labeled "Named Acro" or "Named Zoa"
And only after you buy it will they tell you the name.
I find it ridiculous that these big names like WWC, LE, Tyree, Fox, ORA, ReefRaft, think that it's ok to charge that much. It also turns people out of the hobby because they simply can't afford all of this!
I'd much rather wait and find someone who is willing to "pay it forward", or not try to drive me broke then pay $80 for a .75" frag.

Back to the original question though, my LFS don't use wholesalers for most things. (Sounds ridiculous right) It is almost pure hobbiest trade, and that's it. They do have 1, but the rest is local. Exotic Sea Life International (those of you who know Zoa Queen, it's where she works). Rarely ever will they go down there and believe it or not they MARK DOWN the prices.

Exotic Sea Life International (those of you who know Zoa Queen, it's where she works). Rarely ever will they go down there and believe it or not they MARK DOWN the prices.
I used to buy a lot of acans and scolys from them. I forget the woman's name who was my rep, but I remember she had a heavy accent. Possibly Jamaican.

Back
Top Bottom