what's a good size for a quarantine tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30g hexagon from oceanic and was wondering if this would be good for a quarantine tank. The only thing is that is so tall it's sometimes a pain to deal with. If I buy a regular 20g would that still be oK or should I stick with the 30 gal? What do you guys think?

By the way, for those of you who followed the "white water" post, I just finished cleaning everything (lots of work), my fingers are wrinkled from the cleaning and my credit card its maxed out thanks to the mud and RO/DI unit I just bought, also I just grew and extra grey hair on my head, my only hope is to have this thank running sometime...........

Again, thanks to all who helped, especially grimlock. Thanks!

Really depends on what type of fish you are getting. A 10Gal will work, but if you have a bigger one all the better. IMO the 30 hex will work fine if you already have the equipment. Otherwise a standard 20 is fine. depending on what type of setup you have the nice thing about a 20 is it will find under many stands.

HTH,

The bigger the better IMO. Easier to keep good water quality in a larger tank. The downside is if you have to ever treat with meds or hypo, more water to manage.
I say if you already have the 30, then just use it.

Back
Top Bottom