What's everyone using for salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So it's not all that important? Like salts salt?? I'm using coral pro currently, is switching a big deal? Like I switched my dog food by accident and she pooooed everywhere for a few days.. Not like That??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not like that haha. Just be aware some salts do have very different params, but you shouldn't have an issue

That's what I was reading, the alk can be way high With some and not others.. I guess it's not a major concern unless you have everything in there??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use kent marine it has a higher calcium level and I also get a good deal on it
many just bounce back n forth

I actually am switching to Red Sea because the alk is lower but calcium is higher than reef crystals which is better for my tank as I run it around 7.0 alk and 430 calcium.

I usually test my wc water beforehand just in case but even if it is higheer or lower than the dt I doubt it will make a serious impact unless it is a bad batch of salt and the readings are insane.

Each brand has pros and cons. It's about what you are looking for...but at the end of the day even the cheapest salt will keep a tank and grow corals w/o issue.

As long as you aren't doing huge water changes a change in salts shouldn't cause any issues.

Back
Top Bottom