Whats going on with my coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elitehunter1

Aquarium Advice Activist
My coral seems to be "bubbling" at the base of it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-644208519.jpg
    image-644208519.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 135
  • image-2374602263.jpg
    image-2374602263.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 139
  • image-1444714121.jpg
    image-1444714121.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 148
Elitehunter1 said:
My coral seems to be "bubbling" at the base of it. Any ideas?

Looks like algae going through nitrifying cycle.Do you have bubbles being released?

Not that I noticed, but I only watched it for a few minutes this morning. Should I be concerned ?

Ok I cleaned it off and it came back. Will it kill the coral?

Attachments

• image-1386696783.jpg
    image-1386696783.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image-1593033363.jpg
    image-1593033363.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 107
Elitehunter1 said:
Ok I cleaned it off and it came back. Will it kill the coral?

I'm afraid that is Brown Jelly Disease,not good.I would remove it from your display tank and put it in a quarantine tank or bucket.Research on the Internet for the best possible treatment for it.Honestly it doesn't look good.
My advice for the future is to dip your new corals before putting in DT.
I use Seachem Reef Dip coral disinfectant myself.Only costs about 8 bucks a bottle.

Ricksreef said:
I'm afraid that is Brown Jelly Disease,not good.I would remove it from your display tank and put it in a quarantine tank or bucket.Research on the Internet for the best possible treatment for it.Honestly it doesn't look good.
My advice for the future is to dip your new corals before putting in DT.
I use Seachem Reef Dip coral disinfectant myself.Only costs about 8 bucks a bottle.

Also the Flowerpot Gonipora corals almost never survive long in our aquariums.I know it is hard to resist when you are in the LFS,but always write down the name of the coral then go home and research it on Liveaquaria or other sites before buying.I learned that lesson when I first started,it will save you a lot of grief and money.

Elitehunter1 said:
Just for info, the coral ended up dying

Bummer,It probably had the disease when you got it from the LFS.It is a very difficult coral,I had one and it died to.Try a frogspawn or hammer.Always do a dip before you put any coral in your DT.Also try a bubble coral.

Well it was thriving for a while. I ended up reading about it and it seems like it may have been one of my clean up crew members or whatever that damaged it. Apparently one little scratch and it becomes extremely difficult to save

Back
Top Bottom