What's happening to my toalstool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
The base of my toalstood has turned yellowish as you can see from the photo. It is also shrinking and the top is toppling over. Any idea what is happening to it? Otherwise it is fine at the top.

Attachments

• img_0771_127.jpg
    img_0771_127.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 21
Looks to me like it may be getting stung by the zoos........possibly but I am not excpert.... Or could be in to much flow. How long have you had it?

I had a very similar issue w/ a colt coral. To me it looked as if the dark area, also present in your picture, was a type of algae that was growing on the coral. Pulling it off w/ tweezers and using a turkey baster to blow off the stalk of the coral daily for awhile fixed it. If it is in a very low flow area increasing the flow around the base of the coral may also help.

I am not sure if it is being stung by the zoos. They have been side by side for a while. The dark area is dust particle that has stuck to the body and turned into some kind of algae. It can be remove quite easily. It comes off quite easily, I'll remove it tonight.

hows all the perameters? it's my understanding that you need prestien water conditions to keep it. I had the same problem, it never recovered.

Water parameters are fine. PH=8.3, KH=8, NO2=0, N03=20, CA=400. These parameters have been pretty much the same for the past year. NO3 might have been higher before and I have had the toalstool for over a year now. The only thing I did recently was to frag it by cutting the rim as it was getting too big. That was about 2 months ago and it had fully recovered since.

Back
Top Bottom