Whats my next fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stradt03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm thinking I might be able to squeeze one more fish into my tank.

I currently havea 150 with a 30 gallon sump.

yellow tang
porky puffer
perc clown
blue damsel
fire angel
fox face
snow flake eel
choc chip star
cleaner shrimp
about 200 snails
30 blue leg hermits
20 scarlet hermits

what should be my next fish if any? I'm not how sure I am to becoming "overstocked" none of the fish currently fight or nip at each other.

thanks

Jason

it seems ot me that the puffer and the eel are preditor tank fish, meaning they should only be kept in a tank that is for just that, preditors. they could EVENTUALLY (an prolly will) kill all of your fish. you might have some optins after bringing them back to lfs. you need to figure out what you want, a preditor tank or a "community" tank.

the eel and puffer have been in the tank since it was cycled. They both are fine with the fish as long as I keep them fed regularly. I've never seen either of them go after a fish.

any thoughts on what the next addition might be?

thanks
Jason

they can be fed well and still go after other fish, thats why they are supposed to be in preditor tanks. you should think of the fishes needs first before your wants, im not being mean, im just letting you know that you could be in for trouble. it could work or it couldnt, but why would you wnat to risk it.....

Back
Top Bottom