What's the best way to find a new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poolrad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do you all go to your LFS? Or do you look for used one?

I currently have a 46g bowfront and 6g nano, and am thinking about getting a 75-120g reef ready tank.

Not sure where I would put it or if I am ready to get the wife ok, but I was curious where you get your tanks.

LFS quoted $725 for an Oceanic 75g reef ready & matching stand. Seemed costly to me...

If I were you, I would keep my eyes open for a used one around town. Check your local newspaper or reef club. There are usually alot of good deals floating around, the trick is to find where they are. I bought a 75 gallon Oceanic and stand for $180.00 through a classified ad. Good luck!

You can really score some good deals in the classified ads. They ussually require you move them yourself, that is a pain. Also, make sure you know the history of the tank. Any leaks? Any repairs? Any copper-based medications ever used in it?

i got my 75 all-glass with stand and canopy for $300 from a LFS. Just look around to find good deals.

I've bought all of mine at a LFS. I searched all of them in the Chicagoland area and found the one with the best prices. I've bought 3 from them since.

Back
Top Bottom