What's the deal with ORA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know that you can't order directly from them and I don't want to order from live aquaria if I'm only getting one fish. Will they ship a single fish to my lfs? I don't think my lfs has ever had any fish from them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Unless your lfs can order from them you will have to go through vendors. They do their own aquaculture and then sell wholesale to retailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Several of our stores here in Houston carry ORA fishes you just have to ask your favorite LFS to start ordering from them.

ORA has a minimum purchase requirement which is why alot of stores do not bring them in. :-( But it's always worth it to ask.

What fish were you interested in?

ORA has a minimum purchase requirement which is why alot of stores do not bring them in. :-( But it's always worth it to ask.

What fish were you interested in?

It's only $250-300 I do believe. At least that's what I remember seeing from the last sheet. I'd ask them, ora has nice stuff and if they do frags/clownfish they could easily fill that minimum cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah...most wholesalers have a minimum. I don't think that's why stores don't order from them. Many stores don't put much thought into ordering. They seem to order a bunch of stuff from the same suppliers, instead of the "right" things from each supplier. For instance, I would never order corals from the places I buy fish from.

Just an update... My lfs guy knows a supplier that regularly stocks ora fish. So he called the supplier while I was in the store. The supplier literally had EVERY ora fish on his list EXCEPT the filefish. So I'm going to call again today to see if they got the fish yet (fingers crossed)

Back
Top Bottom