whats the miracle????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
what are some of the pros and cons of using miracle mud over live sand?
a guy at my lfs says the mud is ten times better than live sand, i've heard of it but i don't really know much about it.

TIA

mark

I have been hearing a lot about this as well here in PCB. One guy claims that you never have to add any trace elements at all since the mud has them all inside of it and it leaches out over time. I have a major problem believing this and would like to see some opinions on the product as well.

Chemical analysis of Miracle Mud

Looks alot like garden soil to me
wink1.gif

I have gotten a ton of differing advice since I started this hobby and it seems to me that every question I have has multiple "right" answers. However If I have learned one thing in the last 3 months it is this.... If it sounds too good to be true it probably is...and uhhh I have to give all the credit to reef.... it looks alot like the garden soil I have in the garage.. Not exactly but real close..

Doan

As well as being an online retailer i also install and maintan aquariums. I recently over the summer installed a 180 reef for a customer who spared no exspense. He did want an eco-system filter as the main water quality tool. I was a little skeptical but we went with it. I did talk him into a remora pro just to relax me a little and have some kind of skimmer on there. I will say that the miracle mud system impressed me alot. His macro algae grows about three times faster than mine. His water is crystal clear. He does not run carbon and his water never looks yellow? He is very lax on his water changes and the tank is still beautiful. In my own experiances i would say that the miracle mud is a worth while investment aver standard sand for a macro sump.

anyone have diagrams or websites that show the "mud" in a refugium. or how to make one that incorporates the "mud" into an existing refuge?

mark

When doing all my original research for the reef I was turned onto miracle mud with the ecosystems fuge. I didn't buy the fuge but still was impressed with all the feedback i had gotten from actual users. When i built by own fuge i thought i wanted miracle mud because of the claims. I went to ecosystems.com and checked out the manufacturer claims that it can stop, reverse, and even prevent head and lateral line desease. At $30-$40 a jug though! WOW. There are a couple if immitators that may work as well. Mineral mud sold by premiumaquatics.com is a fraction of the cost. I was forunate anough to get an unopened jug in a recent used tank purchase but have yet to use it. But I will.

Back
Top Bottom