What's up with my shrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
First got these they were all huge and spread out. They aren't as shriveled as the pictures show (they do open when lights are on) but what is the squiggly stuff coming out of areas? It's not just coming out of the mouth...

Parameters are spot on other that what I feel is a slightly low alk reading which I have been dosing to bring up very slowly. They were looking like this since before i started dosing so that has been ruled out.

Placement is a front corner so lower light levels (Tao LED's set lowest possible white and maybe 20% blues)...

Maybe it's getting blasted with too much flow bouncing off the corners of the tank?

Are there common factors of distress? Certain parameters, temp, nitrates, etc? Physical forces like shrimp, hermits?

I suppose I can queue up a decent water change...

All/any of the above I suppose, though hermits or shrimp is a long shot since I don't believe they would stress out all the mushrooms simultaneously. Have you checked your current parameters?

I'll run a full test once I clean up the weekly 12" snow dump around the house and post them later. Hopefully I can figure this out.

Is that a new tank ?

Take a mesurement of

ammonia/nitrites
Nitrates
Phosphates
Alk
Calcium
Magnesium
PH?

Up for 3 months. All other corals look fantastic. Will check parameters tonight.

Moved to a bit higher flow area, bit brighter in terms of light as well... Looking better.

Back
Top Bottom