Whats wrong ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jezlenton

Aquarium Advice Regular
Why is my Daisy Polyp not opening up ?
It has been in there for 4 days but hasn't yet full opened. Maybe 6 open together and that's it, however they don't open fully.
All my water tests are fine.
It is one of two corals I introduced at the same time, the other being a hairy mushroom.
Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image-1464880601.jpg
    image-1464880601.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3764483905.jpg
    image-3764483905.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3467692901.jpg
    image-3467692901.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 84
How is the mushroom doing? When you say "fine", what are the parameters?

What kind of flow is pointing at it? Generally speaking with polyp type stuff they wont open if there's too much flow or if there's a fish messing with them - I had to move a few polythoas around a little bit until I found a place they were really happy in - away from any direct flow, and kinda separated from too much indirect as well. Also, depending on your lighting it may be too much/not enough. While you don't want to move stuff around immediately, I'd say that after 5 days or so it might be worth trying a different location or modifying water flow etc...

What kind of lighting are they under and how high are they positioned in the tank? I would start softies and LPS on the sand bed and slowly acclimate them to my lighting over time.

mr_X said:
What kind of lighting are they under and how high are they positioned in the tank? I would start softies and LPS on the sand bed and slowly acclimate them to my lighting over time.

The lighting consists of 2 set of aquabeam 600 ultra solid state lighting strips and they are positioned in the hood approx 4" above the glass.
The Polyps is situated about a third of the way up the tank so approx 12 - 14" below the lighting.
The mushroom is situated on the bed approx 18" below the lighting and opens well in the day and closes up at night.

Mine always closes at night. And its closed sometimes during the day also.

Back
Top Bottom