whats wrong with my anemonie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would get MH just for small anemonies, wouldnt like a T5 work, with a blue actinic work

beano1, This thread seems to have gone from your asking a question to buying lights. While thats your decision, there are a lot of facts missing here. For starters, you mentioned its a condy, but how long have you had it? Is this a new issue or is this just a general query? I can tell you that the link provided to Karen's is a good one and you should read the whole site. Shrinking and other activities we don't understand about the anemone can be easily misunderstood and lead to drastic measures that are in reality un warranted. My 'advice' is to let us know how long you have had this animal, what size tank, what are its tank mates, what your temp is day in and day out and frequency of water changes. Provide some tank params before you go out and start buying equipment you don't need.

Peace.

You can get a 36" 192w Odyssea PC fixture for $80 at http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=244

It's probably the most affordable lighting you're gonna find.
It's chinese made and definitely not top quality, but it gets the job done on a budget.
If you do buy one, you'll eventually want to change out the cheap fans with a couple of nice quiet computer fans.

we don't understand about the anemone can be easily misunderstood and lead to drastic measures that are in reality un warranted

While anenomes can be misunderstood Hara and Mel were right on IMO. Many people buy anenomes and do not know about the proper lighting, water parametrs, feeding, and how bad they can foul up your tank.

Just judging on the responses alone such as,
sorry, not 100. i dont know. All i can remeberis that its 10,000 k nad 36 inches
and
And perameters are all perfect?
I think Hara and Mel again know how to respond to this situation from experience.

The anenome is probably suffering from a range of inproper conditions with light being #1.

Beano, I am not trying to beat you up at all. I myself am very knew to this hobby but I learned alot from other experienced people. I think you would be better off returning the anenome to someone who can care for it or the LFS and get something that you can learn a little easier with..Just MO.

I agree. Your lighting seems to be the same as what I had initially. Are your lights power compact, t5 or regular fluro lights? If they're regular fluro (i.e. very inexpensive) then they're likely to be 30 or 35w per bulb which is not enough.

PC said:
Provide some tank params before you go out and start buying equipment you don't need.

Even though I agree that alot of queastions you asked needs to be answered and yes people do go out and get somethings that they might not need but IMO I`m sure the lighting is a major part of the problems. But you did ask alot of good questions which some is answered in Beano`s My info.

In AU we get ripped off hard. The unit you linked to, against a comparable brand here, is more than double in price.

Well, i just bought a PC unit that will get me 228 watts, so i should be good to go

Back
Top Bottom