What's your favorite test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saltwater Master Liquid Test Kit I perfer this one it gives you all the basic test Nitrite Nitrate Ammonia PH and its relitivly cheap about 20 to 30 dollars. I would suggest this one. Only downfall is no suringe to squirt water into

Hands down...Salifert. IME, these are the most accurate kits available. If I'm out of a Salifert kit, and can't get a replacement, I'll use Seachem. They are accurate, but IMO, not as easy to use as Salifert. I don't trust any other brand. JMHO.

Has anyone ever tried aquarium pharmaceuticals, its pretty good, when I first started looking for a top of the line kit all led me to it, i'm sure salifert is one of the best kits but way out of my leag, over 200.00 for a complete kit
Aquarium pharm. is a preety good kit, very accurate ,in fact I was able to catch ammonia in the water I get from the fish store that his kits did not show

You can get a seachem marine basics kit -PH, alk, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate- for about 30 bucks online. FWIW, I'v been told from the beginning, when I first started in marine tanks, on many forums, that these two are the best, salifert and seachem. My .02 HTH
BTW, did you see the LFS test the water, or just take their word they couldn't detect ammonia on their test? Seems mighty convenient for them not to detect ammo in THEIR water...

Just to defend the LFS- Did you test their water from a bag that you used to transport livestock home in. Good water will degrade quickly in that small amount so it may have started out perfect.

Back
Top Bottom