When Blennies Attack Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
My big sailfin blenny in the 55 is quite boisterous and defends his diatoms and algae well.

I had a tang in there that ended up with parts of it's tail missing (with cookie monster shaped bites out of it) and after weeks of wondering, one day we saw the blenny fly out from behind the rocks and take another bite of Tang's tail. You see, the tang was eating "Blennie's" algae.

SO the tang has long since been moved to a different tank. But last night I was moving some rocks around and decided to poke around at a little algae near the back of the tank and guess who attacked my hand!

Kinda surprised me when he rammed into the palm of my hand and tried to take a big chomp. LOL I jerked my hand out of there and went AUUGH! and wife was nearby going "What happened!?" etc. It didn't hurt but it sure did surprise me. He is fat but fast.

ROFL! My first frag ever was caused by my Clownfish biting me. I almost fell off the chair!

(with cookie monster shaped bites out of it)

LOL!! Well, at least you don't have to yell at your kids to *eat you veggies!* - oh wait ... different kids. :D

Funny stuff.

Last night mine finally did it!! I could handle him attacking the astria snails-but he has now went to my Turbos!! Found the biggest one dead this morning-or rather found just the shell! Those of you who can relate to "Miller Time"...blenny now will be able to relate to "refugium time"!! Hate to do it-but tired of replenishing snails!!

My bi-color blenny is sooo funny as well. I had these little blue tubes about 8-10 inches tall. He would back into them and just leave his head sticking out. Everytime a fish/snail/crab/or my hand got near HIS tube he would rush out and bite it :lol: Now that the tube is gone he sites in several different holes and randomly swipes at starfish for whatever reason :?:

Back
Top Bottom