When to feed LR critters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
My ammo is now down and and all the critters(crabs, 2 pistols or mantis, worms, snails etc...) are scurrying around eating.. I'm gonna add a peppermint shrimp or 2 for aiptasia control and some nassarius snails, and thinking about a hermit(although can live without it), I will prolly choose a good starter fish next week or so, just was wondering if I could hold off on feeding till then... and then all I do is feed the fish, right?

and btw.. don't know if I have mantis or pistol shrimp.. but it's definately 2 on either side of my tank.. little clicking sounds and sometimes pops..don't know what I'm gonna do about those little guys

Don't worry about feeding the tank. Once the fish are added it'll take care of itself. Be sure you don't add any new animals though until your sure the ammonia and nitrites are stable and reading undetectable.

As far as your shrimp, you'll have to get a look them to be sure what they are. Both mantis and pistols make popping sounds so it's no help. Visually they are quite distinguishable.

Cheers
Steve

yeah.. that's really the only thing I was concerned with..I know the other things will be ok.. it's just those shrimp.. I don't know what kind they are.. I was gonna drop a raw shrimp in one night this week(had a sponge or something turn white, may have ammo) but have to wait to see what my ammo is gonna do.. no nitrites at present.. ammo maybe some where between none and .25..

Back
Top Bottom