Where are my Acro polyps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone have a trick for getting my acros to extened when the lights are ON? LoL They are growing like weeds, have good color, etc however they just won't extend during the photo period.

Man, what a smack in the face. I go to my LFS today and they have acros galore all open in their LFS quality water and here in my near pristine conditions I don't have a single acro polyp. I tossed in some DTs and they 1/2 way poped out for a few minutes, but no longevity. I am going to order some of that farmed zooplaynkton and rotifers and start dumping that stuff in my tank LoL Anyone had success with that stuff?

If it makes you feel any better, polyp extension on newly imported wild acros during daylight...is a sign of stress. Acros do not extend their polyps during the day on the reef ;)

Just remember when you dumping all that stuff into you tank, your dumping in algae nutrients as well.

Man kevin, I need to be reading the books your reading. Gimmie some titles :wink:
Okay, you just made the whole frustration go away as that completely explains why they would be fully extended at the LFS and not at my house, I feel much better now, thank you! I still think im going to buy some farm raised live zoop. to dose with my DTs once a week just for kicks. I also keep hearing about some stuff called ?cyclopese? some natural coral food thats getting hot or something. Anyhow I appreciate it again.

As they get accustomed to your tank, they will start to extend polyps during the day. 2nd and 3rd generation frags almost always have their polyps extended.

Back
Top Bottom