Where to buy coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mskohl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In your experience, where are some of the better places to buy coral? I love my LFS, but their coral selection isn't very colorful. What about online sites? I think Liveaquaria has some of the best pictures and descriptions, but are their others with better shipping policies or different selection?
I like the blue and purple acropora (or something like that) and the pink birdsnest, although they are considered difficult.
Thanks.

Acro has very very high lighting requirements, so be prepared. Usally for most stuff the general rule of thumb ( exluding acro ) 13" or less of depth in your tank NO would be fine. 20" would require PC or VHO. Over 30" of tank depth will require halide.

wow Poolrad, kudos to you. never knew about that website, but its MASSIVE. no more LFS purchases for coral for me anymore :) Thanks!

I have some frags if you are looking for that. Pics are in the for sale forum. We have a salt water only LFS here that has a great selection. :)

Back
Top Bottom