Where to buy RO water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

argileh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I set up a 29g nano reef. I was wondering if any one knows where I can buy RO water. I do not want to purchase an RO unit as it is not worth it for a small tank (I would only be needing 10 litres a week for water changes). I live in Burnaby BC.

Thanks

A few calls to the local fish stores and you will probably find it.

Call the largest SW store near you,if they don't sell it they will know who does.

If you don't have a lfs near by, you could try checking with a grocery store. I used to get my water from there to mix and it only cost $.08 per gallon. Too bad the smarted up and increased the price to $.27 like their other stores.

The machine outside of the grocery store works too... Glacier or something like that... :)

Is the RO water you get from the grocey store the same quality as the one produced from the RO units made for the auqarium hobby (Kent, Spectrapure..)

argileh said:
Is the RO water you get from the grocey store the same quality as the one produced from the RO units made for the auqarium hobby (Kent, Spectrapure..)

This will vary from store to store. The only way to truly tell would be to buy a small amount and test it yourself. Test for TDS, phosphates and nitrates etc. Water thats acceptable to drink still leaves room for a lot of "stuff" you don't want in your tank.

Yeah, I would avoid the grocery store machines. WHo knows how often the change filters. LFS or water supplier is the way I always went before purchasing my own in home unit.

I will get a TDS meter to test the grocery's RO water. What is a good TDS range for RO water

Back
Top Bottom