Where to get cheap (and good) frags?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm just looking for some small frags from corals like xenia, tree corals, polyps, single mushrooms, etc. for low prices.

Look in the Barter/trade forum on this site. They have some and even the old ones are still available.

Just watch as the shipping will likely cost 2-3 times the cost of the frag

I've gotten some really good deals on ebay.
If you're only interested in one frag then the shipping kills you, but if you buy several from the same seller they will normally combine the shipping for a huge discount.
I can usually find frags for as low as $10 each if I'm dilligent.

Actually, I have sent probably 20 boxes of frags out for the cost of priority mail shipping. (anywhere from 6-12 bucks unless a super lot is shipped)

Softies and leathers do fine via that method. You just have to be careful that you get things shipped no later then Tuesday in the week.

I have shipped out a few frags myself. I have a listing in the FS forum. It is the cold time of year here though.

If some of you do not have reef clubs in your area, I can not stress enough that somebody should start one!

I am lucky because the Boston Reefers is the largest in the country but there is always someone to help in an emergency, tank move, and tons of frags.

All the fragging saves the ocean and it is vauable to know reefers in your area. Just my .2 cents.

I checked out eBay and got some good deals on some mushrooms and small frags (I bid for them and the auction is not up yet so don't out-bid me!!!!!!!). The only problem that always factors in is the shipping cost. I looked at a good frag for like $10 and the shipping on it was $55!! But then I saw some more that I liked so I'd get like 5 frags for the $55 shipping (which is still pretty high).

I'll check some more places out.

Honestly I believe that coral should still be taken out of the ocean (wild-caught) because the ocean is changing pretty rapidly with the climate so in about 50 years some corals you see today when you go diving will no longer exist or be like they use to be.

Ebay

Be careful, there are alot of corals on Ebay that are photoshopped bigtime!

Back
Top Bottom