Where to put my new brain (w/ Pic)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm currently running 4x65 PC lighting over a 2' deep 120g tank. I asked my LFS where in the tank to put the brain and they said "high up". I know they would prefer the sand, but right now he's about 2/3 up the tank on top of my rock work. Is this ok? Should I move it to the sand?

Here he is:
P2201736.jpg

these do best when placed in the substrate. Just make sure you keep it clear f any sand in the folds. It will require frequent dustings.

Thanks, Lando. I was thinking that was probably the case but was worried that I didn't have enough light to support him down there. What about a finger leather? Does that want to be in the substrate as well?

those things get HUGE in good light....... put it where it can open up because it's probably going to get about 4 or 5 times bigger than it is right now.

It is HUGE where it is now at the top of the rock. It is a good 1/3 bigger than it was yesterday. It has to be almost 10" across right now. If it gets 4 to 5 times bigger than it is right now we're going to have to start that 300g tank sooner than we thought!

A guy bought one of those from my LFS and in about a month it had gotten 4xs bigger. it has gotten so big that it presses against the front glass and his rockwork and moves it's skeleton around underneath it. those welso brains get big quick from what I've seen...

Back
Top Bottom