Which Clown Anemones are the best???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bwilcox1208

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all!

I just got 2 clowns from the LFS. They are false percs. One is a lot bigger than the other which is good because I hope they will pair. They were the only 2 left at the LFS and he said they have been together for almost a month a lone in the same tank. They are doing great together. I was wondering though, this morning I looked in the tank and one of them was kind of digging a whole in the sand bed. Then he just kind of sat there on the bottom in his whole. Is this normal? He is out and about moving all around now though?

Also I want to get an anemone and see if they will host. The LFS I went to had a LTA, and a Haitan anemone...any of these any good for the false percs.?? If not what is the most hardy and best sutible for a 30 g tank??? been set up for a few months now.

Thanks for the help again everyone.

Ben

yeah I kind of figured, I have a friend who has a somewhat newley set up tank and has had one in there for a long time now and its doing great, so I didnt know if there were some that would be ok?

im not too sure on that, ive just been told to stay away from them if you got a new tank. they might be perfectly fine for one but im not sure, i was just told this cuz i wanted one recently and asked about it on here. like i said, wait for the experts i guess.

Hey all!

this morning I looked in the tank and one of them was kind of digging a whole in the sand bed. Then he just kind of sat there on the bottom in his whole. Is this normal?

Mine did that too when I first got them. As I understand it, it's a marking of territory thing.

Well, if they are a mated pair, the larger one will be the female and the smaller the male.
Also, there is no guarantee that either of the 2 will host an anem. I've had them host a spot of sand, power head and even the corner of the tank. Other folks have had them host various other corals or where ever they stake their claim.

thanks a lot for the info, so there are no anemone that will be good in a tank that is about 2 months old. Also has anybody every heard of them hosting any types of mushrooms?

thanks a lot for the info, so there are no anemone that will be good in a tank that is about 2 months old. Also has anybody every heard of them hosting any types of mushrooms?

A 2 month old tank is not ready for an anemone. They are delicate and require pristine water conditions.

Clowns have been known to host all kinds of things, power heads, mushrooms, frogspawn, toadstool, and tons of other things.

Back
Top Bottom