Which grain size of CaribSea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My LFS has 2 kinds of CaribSea aragonite sand. One is "Seaflor Special Grade Reef sand" (grain size 1.25-1.95mm) and the other is CaribSea Aragamax (sugar-sized). The guy at the LFS suggested the Seaflor, citing that the aragamax kicks up and clouds the water. Which one should I get? The Aragamax is slightly cheaper.
FYI, planning a reef tank (90 gal) with a few clowns and various reef critters.

i believe it depends on what u want with the reef critters.... i personally would go with the seaflor as well... especially pending on what you are doing for circulationa nd how you have your tank set up... if u wanna do most fish that live in or on the substrate the seaflor is generally better... especially if they like building homes with the substrate.... (aka shrimp gobies and pistol shrimp) u could always do a mix of the two because im assuming they dont come in 100lbs bags?

i think i have the suger size. and it did make a big mess when it was kicked u but it don't do that any more. the bag i have says it is from .18-1.2 mm. but i like the small soft sand better then the bigger stuff.

Back
Top Bottom