Which is your favorite marine book?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to buy a really good book on marine aquariums, something that has info on EVERYTHING, I already have the "new marine aquarium" by paletta and of course "salwater for dummies". I think I'm ready to graduate to something better. Anything else really good out there? Thanks!!

I wouldnt mind having something that lists species, species care, diets, etc. As well as info on EVERYTHING.

I'm looking for a book on custom aquarium setups. You know, plumbing styles, closed loop circulation systems, bulkhead drilling, refugium/sump styles, Berlin vs. Mud systems, etc.

Any suggestions?

Zacdl, regarding species care books, I found Marine Ivertebrates and Marine fishes to be very helpful.

There are two books that i friggin LOVE. One is saltwater fish, solid pictures, what they eat, lighting requirements, how hard they are to keep, reef safe or not, pictures as adults and juveniles EVERYTHING. There is also one for inverts that also has solid pics, some introductions to each species, reef safe or not.

Its called Marine Fishes by Scott W. Michael
the other is Marine Invertebrates and im not sure of its author.

RLG2182 said:
Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Fenner.

Has it ALL.. equipment, lighting, tanks, fish profiles, coral profiles... yep... that's my bet. :D

agreed

I think reef notes is boring. No pictures. Ican't read so I at least need good pictures. My favorite book is Micheal Paletta's Ultimate Marine Aquariums. It is a bit pricy as are most hobby books but the tanks, descriptions and pictures have kept me drooling for months.

"The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Fenner
"Aquarium Corals" by Borneman

Thank you all, since the majority has suggested "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Fenner, I will check and probably buy that one. :D

Back
Top Bottom