which skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well, i made a choice and bought a 75 gallon reef all glass yesterday. i am going to slowly set this one up. so i am starting a little research.

which skimmer would you get for a 75 gallon reef. these are the ones i am looking at

aqua c EV 120
euro reef cs5-3
precision marine ES100
precision marine bullet 1

or any others you might suggest

thanks as always
steve r

ASM G-2. I'm probably going to get the ASM G-3. The ASM G Series are Euro-reef knock-offs. From what I've read the company split and ASM is the split off from ER.

Don't have any experience with those skimmers. I got AquaC Remora with MJ 1200 PH. I'm using it for my 75 gal reef,and it has been doing great job so far.JMO

i have that one on my 29g and it seems to work great. you have a pretty decent bio load in your 75 also. how long has it been running? do you feed with meaty foods or just pellets and flakes?

steve r

I have the Aqua C Urchin Pro on my 72G bowfront. I got it with the Mag 3 pump and could not be happier. I would suggest it.

tripper

Mine has been running 24/7 for 5 months. I do regular maintenance once a month with a small brush. I feed my fish with nori seaweed and flakes in the morning, and F1 or mysis shrimp at night.

I say good call by Phyl.

Based on previous responses by captivereefs.com to pretty much the same question...Euro reef was recommended ever so slightly over the Aqua C based on design and performance. ASM trumped Euro reef on price, same design. I don't think you can wrong with any of these 3.

phyl, let me know before you sell your ASM G2. i might want to purchase it. is the foot print listed for the ASM G2 as 10" x 11" including the sedra 3500 pump?

thanks
steve r

I don't have a G-2... I was just recommending one to you for your tank. I have a built-into-my-wet-dry-doesn't-skim-to-save-its-aaaaa-life skimmer. I'm looking at the G3. The G series came highly recommended from a number of folks over on RC. After doing some research it looks like one I'd buy :mrgreen:

Since i started selling the ASM skimmeres i have not had a reported problem and everyone has been real happy with it. I actually do not sell many euroreefs anymore! THey are a great bargain!

Just make sure you don't choose a Prism Skimmer. I own one. I few more dollars and I could've had a more decent skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom