Which Tang??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently lost my yellow tang to my giant cup mushroom. I was interested in a white cheek tang, I figured they were hardier than the powder blues. Any ideas, all water parameters are good?????

what did you giant cup mushroom do to your tang? Sorry I don't have any advise as to which would suit you better.

I love the body shape of the white cheek, but love the color of a red sea purple tang. Though choice.

I have also admired the White Cheek Tang.

Good point Ray:

Hookman - What size tank are we talking about? We defnitely don't want to give out bad advice here.

Mike

The mushroom makes itself into a ball the size of a volleyball, the tang must have swam into the ball for some reason before the top of it fully closed. My tank is a 55, but there is plenty of swimming room because I didn't load it up with as much LR as usual. My yellow tang had plenty of room and seemed to like it, I think a white cheek would be alright, I was wondering if they were hardier than powder blues. I figured they would be hardier because they are from Hawaii. My buddy told me fish from the Maldives are usually caught with cyanide, which is harmful and stressful to the fish. Thanks for your opinions, I hope I'll have pics someday!!

It is just my opinion, but I think a 55G is too small for a White Cheek Tang. You can try it, but it may get more stressed. Good luck.

Mike

i haven't set up my tank yet but i know im gonna have a pacific and an achilles tang in it. Personally i think the achilles are very beautiful and have a wonderful color of orange to them

I would do some research on the Achilles Tang. They don't have a very good survival rate in captivity. Very difficult to keep.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom