Who do you use now that FF Express is no more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMS503

Aquarium Advice Freak
Like many others I used FF Express for my online Corals & SW Fish.
I have used Foster & Smith for dry goods with out any problems. But now that they are in the process of buying out the competition, I have found there prices on there live goods are high and previous post here are not favorable to F&S. So who is left that is reputable and not overly priced.
So who do you use now :?: :?: :?: . PLEASE don't anybody recommend Aquacon :evil:

I just had a good experience with www.marinedepotlive.com I got my Emperor Angel for $58 , my Longnose Butterfly for $28, and my Volitan lion for $23. They came very well packaged and in good physical shape.. the lion was a bit small.. but the butterfly and angel were perfect. All three are extememly healthy and very good eaters. I too was saddened by the demise of ffexpress.. in fact.. I had placed this very order a with them a few hours before the "takeover".. and foster and smith "lost" my order.. and then suddenly didn't have the fish I wanted in stock.

I have used marinedepotlive.com extensively. Also, saltwaterfish.com is pretty good as far as quality of livestock and care of fish. They ship for free on orders over 75.00 but you have to watch the page closely, they sell out of things fast.

F&S's customer service was really good for me. Their fish quality was OK. One thing they didn't tell me is that if your livestock dies within warranty they will replace it only once without charging shipping after that if your fish dies again then you get your credit for the fish but have to pay for shipping again. I'm not sure if this is typical for all others since this was the only place I ordered from. I was happy with the service. Take a chance worst case scenario you will lose your shipping cost if your fish dies 2 times.

Although I have no personal experience with Aquacon, their track record is terrible. I have read countless bad reviews. I heard they have poor livestock and their customer service is horrible. This is just what I HEARD.

I have not ordered livestock online, mostly because of the great store right here in Williamsport, Pa. Check out http://www.saltwaterheaven.com. If anyone knows how to deal with the shipping of fish and coral its Ron. If anyone does order from Ron let me know how it went. If your within driving distance of Pa I would definitely make the trip here, you won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom