Who has a clay pot or tile in aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tigalig

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We are still observing our two clownfishes in their spawning or pre-spawning behavior. I just received Wilkerson's book and immediately noted that she recommends "clay flowerpots . . . or ceramic tile" as a suitable potential spawning substrate. I have never heard of such a thing and I would like to know if anyone has put a clay pot or ceramic tile in their aquarium? If so, how did you prepare it? I'm guessing that washing in salt water is a minimum, but I'd like to know more. I still have to look into setting up a larval tank, but that will be the subject of yet another post. . .

Thanks again.

Ida U.
tigalig

I had clay pots in my cichlid tank back when i did freshwater. I just soaked em in hot water for a little while to kill anything that may be on it. But i always made sure i only got pots that wher on the inside of a store not out by the flowers and such where pesticides may get on them. But they make great hiding places and spawning substrate for a minimum investment!

Back
Top Bottom