Who has tried Cyclop-eeze freezer bar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've read about this cyclop-eeze frozen food in magazines...so I broke down and bought a 3oz bar at the LFS.
I used it last night, and figured I'd share a few tips:

1. when it thaws, you get super tiny particles of food...so a little goes a LONG way
2. all my SW and FW fish went nuts for it
3. it small enough to feed to fry
4. only use a pinch, thaw it in water first, and I highly recommend a small baster or pipette be used to feed

They claim this food will permanently enhance the color of adult fish, has the highest omega fatty acid content of any food, and is great for invert/coral feeding too.
Anyone else have comments, good or bad, on this stuff? I'm wondering if a mandarin might accept this food in lew of pods.

I used it, up until the hurricanes when it thawed and had to be thrown out, my experience was that my fish didn't care for it too much, my corals loved it though.

It works great. The only problem with it is it usually ends up freezer burned before you can use it all. Just be careful with it; as to much of it can lead to algae blooms!

I just take mine from the freezer and swish it in the water long enuf for a little to dissolve. Everybody goes crazy. I do it about once a week or so. Haven't noticed any difference in the fish color, but everyone sure seems to love it. I do it mainly with my feather dusters and filter feeders in mind. Not sure if fish (or mandarins) would even get a mouthful. I'd imagine its probably like trying to eat snow in a snow storm. Would never get a mouthful, but would get a good taste. I also think this stuff would never make it to the bottom of the tank or rest on rocks long enuf for a mandarin to get at it.

It seems as though if the fish don't get it on the fly, they might not get any IMO.

good point austin. I'd have to turn off the powerheads for any hope of some sinking to the bottom.
I had so much left over I fed my FW tanks some. My krib tank is lightly stocked, so some made it to the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom