Who here has the most expensive fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My top fish was a 90$ purple tang. I also have a 100$ eel that could very well cost you 300 if you were to go and try to buy one (but I got mine from a local reefer).

I have a black tip reef Shark that I just purchased for my huge 2000 gallon tank I am building on my basement. it cost $1,500

Ok fishboy, you win, lol! If you're still building the tank what are you doing with that shark?!

I have a majestic angel that i paid only $40 for. It goes for about $140+. I was lucky enough to get it for whole sale. But the most I have spent on a fish is a goldflake angel that was $125...I just bought him

Mine would be a large Majestic Angel for $150.00 that only lived for 3 days! Talk about a bummer.

mine was a 20.00 coral beauty btw. I don't have a great amount of money, I'm only 13.

hmmm i live in australia everything is so pricey due to availability..

some of my more $$$ consuming counterparts..

3ft zebra moray eel - $250
3" cleaner shrimp - $180
Flame Hawkfish - $120
Yellow Tang - $160
Maculosus Angel - $160

A thousand more fish and hundreds of dollars.. but thats just some!!

Paid 200.00 for a purple tang before you could get them only to watch a little kid run up and smack the tank, which made the tang jump out onto the floor. Immediately asked for a refund!

Slightly out of forum, but once bought a tiretrack eel for $25 that within the first 8 minutes fo being in the tank ate $24 of shrimp and $10 of neons... by morning had eaten a total of $68 dollars worth of FW fish. Two weeks later he wiggled out of a microscopic hole in hood and became jerky. Cheap by SW standards, freaky expensive by my FW standards! 8O

Phyl said:
Ok fishboy, you win, lol! If you're still building the tank what are you doing with that shark?!

I have along wih my friend an importing fish business in Jersey, so he is currently in has it in a QT tank until mine gets built.

Stripes why is the availability of fish there so bad? There is a giant reef not too far away. You would think that might help. Although now that I think about it, I didn't see one fish store the whole three weeks I was there. If I had I would have gone in to check it out.

Justin

The entire GBR system is protected.. And I have two LFS within a 30 minute drive and about 4 - 5 within an hour.. its pretty bad.. But the high price is due to the majority of fish coming from areas closer to the US like Hawaii and etc.. I wish I live in the US I have spent so much money, and would have saved alot by living there..

Back
Top Bottom