Who uses preventive dips for fish/corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you use preventive dips for fish and/or corals?

• Yes for fish and corals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for fish only

• Yes for corals only

• No, I don't think they are necessary

• No, but I would like to start if I knew more about it

• Total voters

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been reading a few books lately including the The Conscienntious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner and he discussed dips for new fish and corals stating they are very necessary. How many of you use dips and if you do what method/chemical do you use?

I do not dip my fish since I QT, I have on occasion dipped corals, although it is not a general practice, using Kent's coral dip.

have done a freshwater dip for a secondary infection from ich <monogenean infestation> will be doing a formalin dip if he doesnt improve within a few days

I just Quarintine my fish b4 putting them into my tank like the guys above.....easiest way!!!

I use a freshwater dip with methylene blue in addition to QT for two weeks before adding livestock to the main tank. This takes care of any surface parasitic and fungal infestations and will usually result in an eventless QT period. Methylene blue is a very gentle dip treatment for all fish and an oxygenating agent too. Just be careful because it will stain. 8)

Back
Top Bottom