Who's Got The Oldest and Biggest Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monti cap about 12 yrs old. About 17" in diameter and 15" high before I fragged the crap out if it.
cap_7-09.jpg

The mushrooms in the background are from when I originally setup my tank about 25 yrs ago. (The angel in the pic is about 8" long with it's streamers)
lamarck2_1-22-12.jpg

ccCapt said:
Monti cap about 12 yrs old. About 17" in diameter and 15" high before I fragged the crap out if it.

The mushrooms in the background are from when I originally setup my tank about 25 yrs ago. (The angel in the pic is about 8" long with it's streamers)

What kind of angel and has he been reef safe?

ccCapt said:

Speechless.... :eek:

CorallineAlgae said:
Truly gorgeous... not to mention commendable for their age. Many of the people on this forum aren't that old!

Great point that didn't even cross my mind lmao

Ahahah so true coralline!! Uhh...the 25 yr old shrooms are wayyy older than me hahaha

That makes me feel really old...
I love that angel fish, I have a few ancient ones myself, but always looking for reef safe ones.

Well Greg and Capt are the front runners with mushrooms a quarter century old ;) still waiting to see some monster brains and chalices :)

Flreefer said:
Not that I think these are the oldest or biggest out there, here's a few pics of some corals that I have in my 180.
1- Red Monti, bought as a frag, now is everywhere. Have traded 2 dinner-plate sized ones like the one in the bottom of the pic. 5 years
2- Wall Hammer, was bought pretty large, but has grown over time. 7+ years
3- Torch coral, was bought as a 12 head piece. After losing a few heads here and there, is about an 18 head now. 7+ years
4- Pagoda Cup coral, was bought fairly large and has grown some, but they grow pretty slow. It's a very large 3 dimensional piece, the back side has the cup to it, pictures don't really do it justice. 7+ years
5- Toadstool Leather, given to me by a Pet-co associate as a dying hockey puck 7+ years ago. The one in the back is the original, it has fragged off at least 40 pieces over time.
6- Hydnophora, unfortunately I'm losing this one :-(, but here's a pic after 6 years, before its tissue recession. I am now losing it at an alarming rate, from the bottom up...Bought as a frag...just don't get it... All other corals are doing great, params are good, weekly PWC's...it's killing me!! I loved this coral.
Anyway, just wanted to share.

Hydnophora

Leathers with a 5" Yellow tang, and 4+" Copperband

Pagoda Cup

Torch coral

Wall Hammer during PWC

Wall Hammer

Red Monti traded for Sunset Monti frag and salt.

FTS

I know it's not a coral, but I had to put a shot of my 7+ year old Sebae!!

Amazing!!! Just starting my reef tank maybe in couple years I can try and rival this omg its beautiful

Back
Top Bottom