Why are clownfish pairs so expensive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Why are clownfish pairs and fancy clownfish sooooo expensive? Clownfish pair up so easily and clownfish aren't that hard to breed so why are pairs and fancy ones like Picasso and midnight clowns so costly??
Thanks

But how come someone hasn't started selling them for less? They would make more money because everyone would buy from them!

That would be cool! I just really want some interesting looking ocellaris or percula clowns but I can't afford them

Whoa! You can do that? Do you have a pic? They sound really cool looking!

So u have ones that sort of have it but not really? Or are you breeding a snowflake with a black?

I'm breeding snowflakes with blacks, but they are both the same exact species. Both have extreme color mutations, and their offspring will have color mutations.

Wow, I can't wait to see how they turn out, I bet they'll look really cool!

How many tries do you think it'll take to get it perfect? Or are you hoping to get lucky?

Hopefully a few spawns in they'll make some nice babies! They actually seem to be acting like they are going to spawn! So excited lol

Soon enough. I don't want any false alarms lol. I'm going to just let the first few batches of eggs go their own way because I've heard that they are going to make it anyways so it'll probably be a month or 2 before I attempt to raise the babies.

Wow this sounds so cool! What kind of set up do you have for the babies?

Back
Top Bottom