Why does my RBT do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hart62

Aquarium Advice Activist
He was all perky and waving when I left the room ad when I came back a few minutes later he was all folded in.

image-2098871869.jpg

Before

image-189494943.jpg

After

New to anemones.

How long has your tank been established for? It looks like its very new still...

A couple of months. Hadn't planned on an anemone yet but was talked into it. Just checked my levels again last night and they are all good and salinity is at 1.024. Used RO water for startup, changes and top offs. Had him since Sunday. He ate last night. First time he has done this.

Yea that's pretty early for a nem... How's the flow in your tank what do you have for powerheads?

I have a 400 hob filter and a skimmer in a 45g. It's a tall not long so it's 23x36x18. I have 32lbs of live rock, 5 peppermint shrimp, 3 hermit crabs, 1 red emerald crab, 2 sea urchins, white ant looking things, another small crab (too small for me to tell), 2 percula clownfish and the RTB anemone. HO led lights ordered should be here in a couple of days. The nem ate shrimp last night. Seemed to be doing good.

So your opinion is I need more circulation. What do you recommend?

Could also be other factors.. What lighting do you have?

I have HO led's on the way. Currently just the stock t8. Like I said I hadn't planned on a nem this soon or I would have had the lights and power heads already up and running.

You are already upgrading the light, so that should be fine. How often are you feeding? This could be why it is doing this. Simply pooping.

Got him Sunday and fed him some flakes Sunday and Monday evening and a small piece of shrimp last night. My clowns aren't hosting yet so they aren't feeding him.

Think I lost him. My husband came in from work and he was still drawn up and when he touched him he fell off the rock he was attached to with no response. ?

Sorry to hear about the nem 8-/ Moving forward, make sure to research each and every animal you put in your tank to prevent things like this...

I planned on getting a Small Blue Regal Tang. Any suggestions and advice?

Sorry to hear about the nem 8-/ Moving forward, make sure to research each and every animal you put in your tank to prevent things like this...

Stupid mistake on my part and the worst part is it cost a life

Back
Top Bottom