Why is Chaeto so expensive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfsblood

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have looked a little bit on the net and found it for sale in a few places. Why is it so expensive? $30 for a baseball size piece seems a bit far fetched to me. Is this normal? Anyone know where I can get it cheaper?

That's what I was thinking. I was pretty sure that it went for a lot cheaper than that. Only problem is none of my local stores have it. One guy is said he is going to grow some but I don't know how long that is gonna take.

It grows pretty fast so it shouldn't belong.. In all honesty he could clip you off just a small piece and you'd have a sizeable chunk soon enough

put a add up on craigs list macro's wanted you'll find as much as you want cheap sometimes free

I sell mine to my LFS for $10 and then he resells it for $25: crazy!

I got a ball of it for free when I purchased a feather duster from my LFS! :):)

If any one needs some I give it away on hear for free you just pay shipping flat rate which is 5.38 and I give you a ziplock sandwich bag filled to capacity.. so don't pay those crazy prices ..To many reefers out there that will help fellow reefers out ..

Wow! An LFS asking $30 for a ball of chaeto.

I believe in free markets, but dag gone. I'd think twice about buying anything from a store that has a mark up like that.

Oh I've seen that before in my river near my house. I threw it away, was that a mistake?

Back
Top Bottom