Why is my Copperband Butterfly hiding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdaccord03

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I got a breakout of aiptasia and I bought a clean-up crew (a copperband, 12 red-legged hermits, and 2 peppermint shrimp). The trouble is, my copperband has been hiding behind the reef ever since I put him in the tank about 6 hours ago.

Has anyone else had experience with shy copperbands? Will he get better? Also in the tank (55 gallon w/ 80 lbs LR) are 4 damsels and a yellow tang. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

JW

http://www.myreeftank.us

What tank do you have the copperband in? I really hope it is not the eclipse tank. Waht size tank is that. He may just be stressed

LOL no no. It's a 55 gallon tank. There is about 40 lbs of LS and 80 lbs of LR. He still should have plenty of swimming room though.

JW

My one naso hid for 2 days in my first tank.............a month later he was eating out of my hand. Just give em time to acclimate. Unless someone in the tank is harrassing him.

Jim

Cool that is exactly what I am hoping for. He has swam out from the back of the reef a few times already so he's just taking it slow I guess.

JW

I am sure it is just settling in. Any signs of stress? The biggest challenge with these fish is getting them to eat. Most do not readily accept prepared foods and slowly starve to death. Mine does well on nutient rich mysis soaked in garlicguard. Good luck with the copperband. They are an awesome fish but difficult to keep...Lando

Back
Top Bottom